Genshin Impact Game Basics
Characters in Genshin Impact are bound to various Elements. There are a total of 7 Elements - Cryo, Pyro, Hydro, Anemo, Electro, Geo and Dendro.
A Party consists of 4 Characters. By using characters with different Elements, you can create Elemental Reactions that give extra effects and statuses in combat. Later on you will be able to add a special 5th Character to your Party. By carefully building a Party composition with Character Elements that synergize well, you can create some powerful additional effects in combat.
There are also 5 weapon types that Characters use - Sword, Claymore, Polearm, Catalyst and Bow. Like Characters, you can level up and ascend weapons to increase their power.
Adventure Ranks vs World Levels
The storylines and quests you can access depend on your Adventure Rank (AR). The AR also prevents your characters from leveling up until you reach a specific rank. You can increase the AR level by doing quests, opening treasure chests, spending resin, opening Archon Statues, etc.
Every five AR levels after AR-20 raises your world level. The monsters and bosses become more powerful with each world level, but they also drop better rewards.
Daily Commissions and Quests
Quests award XP and a slew of items that will help you level up quickly in the early game. Quests and commissions are somewhat the same. The only difference is that the commissions reset every day, so remember to complete them before they expire.
Quests do not have timers (except event specific quests), and you can complete them at your leisure. Here are the different types of quests:
- Archon Quests - The main story quests. You have to complete them to unlock more of the world map.
- Event Quests - Limited time quests that become available during special events.
- Hangout Quests - Interactable character quests with multiple endings.
- Story Quests - These quests build on the main story and are somewhat character-driven. They also unlock several in-game items.
- World Quests - Side quests that give a decent reward.
Genshin has a stamina system based on Resin. Exploring the map doesn’t cost Resin. You’ll only need it to unlock/claim rewards that help level up your character. You automatically get one Resin every 8 minutes. You can also replenish up to 60 Resin using an item called Fragile Resin. You’ll need Resin to unlock rewards in the following instances:
- World Bosses
- Weekly Bosses
- Ley Line Outcrops
The gacha mechanic in Genshin Impact is called Wishing and it lets you unlock powerful characters and weapons. You'll need Intertwined Fates and Acquaint Fates to wish for these characters where you get to roll once for each Fate.
You can also exchange Primogems for fates where 1 Intertwined Fate costs 160 Primogems. There is a pity system where you're guaranteed a 5-star character every 90 rolls (80 rolls for weapon banners). Here is how you can obtain Primogems in-game:
- Completing specific quests and chapters in the Adventurer's Handbook
- Exploring the world
- Fighting Bosses
- Inside Domains
- Leveling up Statues of the Seven
- Login bonus
- Spiral Abyss
Constellations and Refinement
Constellations are special upgrades to Character that enhance their abilities. You can add to Character constellations by pulling duplicates of the Character.
Weapons also have the ability to enhance their strength. That process is called Refinement and again can be increased by pulling duplicate of a weapon.
Genshin Impact Tier List
Genshin Impact Beginner Tips
- Resources can be difficult to come by, especially if you’re playing for the first time. If you’re new to the game, focus on a single character (preferably one with high DPS). Switch characters once your main reaches level 90.
In-game Currency Shops (Paimon’s Bargain)
- Starglitter Exchange - You earn Starglitter everytime you pull a 4 or 5-star character/weapon from wishes. It can be exchanged for several rewards, but it’s recommended that you only get Fates or the specific characters in exchange for glitters.
- Stardust Exchange - You earn Stardust every time you unlock a 3-star weapon. It can be exchanged for several rewards, but it’s recommended that you only get Fates.
The Spiral Abyss
The Spiral Abyss is exclusively end game content, because you’ll need a complete squad of 4 characters to participate. There are a total of 12 floors in the Abyss with floors 9-12 resetting twice a month to collect rewards. However, the later floors are extremely difficult, and it will take you a while to build a team that’s powerful enough to clear those stages.
Are we missing a ONEPAGE Guide for your favorite game? We're always looking for Gamers who would like to publish their own guide & tier list to share with the community. Just contact us to get started today!